Monday, May 6, 2013

Years in the Making

At a local gathering for a lecture series this week, the presenter began by asking how many had been in the lifestyle more than a year, more than 5 years, more than 10, more than 20. Hands went down with only a very few remaining at that 20 year mark. So many newbies...it made me think about my journey from my first BDSM experience somewhere around the age of 21 to now and how I've grown into the lifestyle over that time.

Twenty years is a long time. On one hand, wow, look how far I've come and how much I've learned and all I've experienced. On the other hand, I sit back and consider how minute all that really is and how much more I have to learn and experience. I can't say I've been actively involved in the lifestyle that entire time, but I think even when I was less active, I was still me. My submissiveness is part of my nature. It didn't just go away during times of inactivity.

All in all, I'm happy that I can look back over the years and be happy in the path I chose. And to look ahead and know that I'm far from finished growing and learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment